- Promote the highest standards of quality work onsite at all times
- Estimated quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility
- Maintain working relationship with the subcontractors, professionals, representatives and suppliers
- Perform various office activities on the site and office, maintain all the project specific documents
- Document the progress of the construction process
- Report on contract progress and advise on actions needed to keep the project to the agreed program
- Monitor cost / budget
- Schedule material and equipment purchases and delivery
- Deal with complaints from local people experiencing disruption due to building works
- Organize human and material resources on site
- Undertake technical and feasibility studies including site investigations
- Prepared as built drawings, manuals & operating documents
- Prepared construction and environmental compliance documents; developed grading plans, cost estimates and bid specifications; and provided construction oversight, environmental sampling and site reconnaissance.
- Negotiated and followed-up on subcontractor’s contract
- Established subcontractor’s contracts
- Organize the monthly invoices and facilitated the payments.
- Evaluate and review designs and plans
- Negotiate with Statutory Authorities for the provision of main services
- Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project
- Team working and communication
- Technical skills
- An eye for detail
- Problem solving
- Management skills
- Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all sites at all times.
- Resolve conflicts or miscommunication that may happen on site quickly and amicably
- Provide for adequate resources and staffing to meet safety needs, regulations, best practices, laws and project schedule
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and individual projects to the crew and contractors.
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
- Good physical condition and stamina
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints